Allstate Medical Plan – Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
Anxiety, depression, stress and substance abuse disorders can have an impact in the workplace and environment in which we work.
Mental health and substance abuse disorders affect people from all walks of life and all age groups. These illnesses are common, can come and go, and can be overwhelming; however, they are treatable.
The Allstate Medical Plan provides you and/or covered family members different levels of mental health and substance abuse services based on the level of care needed. Eligible services are subject to the same deductibles, coinsurance and out-of-pocket maximums as other health care expenses under the Medical Plan.
Here’s a sampling of treatment available and the different levels of care under the Allstate Medical Savings and Value Plan options. Please note that certain services will require pre-certification; please contact the Medical Plan third-party administrator for your state.
- Evaluations and psychotherapy services through Masters-Licensed Counselors/Clinical social workers
- Evaluations, psychological testing, and psychotherapy services through PhDs
- Evaluations, medication management, and occasionally psychotherapy services through MDs, DOs and Advance Practice Nurses
Other Outpatient Services
- Partial hospitalization or day hospital programs
- Intensive outpatient programs
- Neuropsychological testing
- Outpatient detoxification
- Psychological testing
- Acute inpatient, detoxification, substance abuse rehabilitation – typically provided in a hospital setting (most intensive level of care)
- Residential treatment programs (less intensive level of care)
For further information regarding mental health and substance abuse services and for the schedule of benefits, please refer to the 2019 Allstate Medical Plan Summary Plan Description.
Also contact your Medical Plan third-party administrator for your state, as they can provide additional guidance for the appropriate level of treatment.